Welcome to the dedicated page
for the members of the
First Congregational Church of Lebanon!
Here you’ll find all of the information regarding the inner workings of the church.
In 2009, a new Church Envisioning Team took our fellowship through an envisioning process and helped us to confirm “Who we are”, “What God has called us to do”, “Who our neighbors are”, and then to define goals for our future. Now the boards, committees and members of the church have been charged to follow through with these actions.
Below is a listing of the recommendations from our Envisioning Committee of what we need to do for the future of our church. This list was derived from comments from you, the congregation. This is by all means not a complete list of what we can do and we have made great progress in some of these areas. Use your own imagination and help us as we prepare for the future.
Membership – Attract new members:
- Revitalize our welcome package
- Provide docents at services to help new comers
- Plan follow-up activities with new members
- Revive the new member sponsor program
- Find ways to make our services spiritually fun for all
Image – Make our church more visible to the public, and portray a positive image of a welcoming church:
- Improve our signage
- Post press releases of special services and events
- Use new technology and communication techniques to keep everyone informed
Needs – Serve the social and practical needs of the church members and our neighbors:
- Establish Youth and Adult activities
- Establish programs to help young families, and seniors, to improve their lives
- Plan fun social events where members can get to know each other better
Education – Provide Christian education to children and adults:
- Hire a Christian Educator
- Provide inspiring education programs
- Develop a mentoring system – adult to youth & adult to adult
- Plan more youth activities within worship service, and church leadership
Spirituality – Assist all members in spiritual growth:
- Develop new programs
- Re-evaluate the church worship service
- Bible study, Prayer Sessions, Discussion Groups
- Increase ecumenical worship services
For more details, read the 2009 Envision Team Planning Report.